Online testing with confidence. A superior approach to online unsupervised testing, SHL Verify is the only way to test job applicants online with confidence.
SHL Verify™ achieves what other online assessment tools have been promising for a long time – fast, cost-effective and accurate ability tests, created specifically for online unsupervised environments that enable better quality hiring decisions.
SHL Verify delivers tangible results
Time and cost savings
● Using SHL Verify early in the hiring process means poor performers can be screened out earlier, reducing the length and cost of hire and allowing resources to be focused on the best candidates.
● SHL Verify tests are faster than traditional tests, and therefore results can be delivered quicker.
● Costs are saved through better quality hiring decisions, which reduce staff turnover and improve performance.
● By removing the risks of cheating and security breaches, hiring decisions are based on reliable data.
● With superior test properties, performance potential can be predicted more accurately.
● Can integrate into third party talent management application suites for high-volume recruitment programs.
● Requires minimal administrative resource.
● No need for paper-based materials.
● Applicants can complete their testing when convenient for them – tests are accessible 24 hours a day, every day.
● Quick and modern process that reinforces a positive employer brand.
How SHL Verify works
The SHL Verify tests are delivered through a packaged, two-stage process. This includes the SHL Verify Ability Test, a powerful online ability test, which can then be followed by a short, optional Verification Test. The process is designed to verify the performance of short-listed applicants who have completed the first test in online, unsupervised conditions.
The six core components of SHL Verify
1. Technology SHL has developed cutting-edge technology to support the science behind SHL Verify. Features include highly sophisticated randomised test generation and timed tests delivered using Flash player applets. SHL’s technology is relied on by organisations worldwide to deliver tens of thousands of assessments daily.
2. Verify Item Bank The Verify Item Bank generates a unique online Verify ability test for every applicant. This approach improves the security of content by defending against piracy and preventing test content being shared, reducing the risk of cheating by applicants.
3. Verification process Following the Verify ability test, a short, optional verification test is provided. Built as part of the package and delivered at no extra cost, the verification test quickly confirms the integrity of the results gained from the unsupervised test. This verification process is based on breakthrough innovations in psychometrics, verifying candidate performance quickly, simply and scientifically. A verification report provides a simple ‘Verified’ or ‘Not Verified’ result. If a ‘Not Verified’ result arises, guidance on possible reasons for the inconsistency and suggestions for next steps are provided.
4. Data security and forensic services – We protect the security and integrity of Verify tests through our partnership with Caveon Test Security, the industry leader in using innovative data forensic solutions to protect online test programmes from test fraud. This gives you peace of mind that your data and testing processes are secure and fair.
5. Flexible testing options – SHL Verify tests are as powerful as traditional offline tests. They can be used at any stage of the hiring process or employment cycle, and they are applicable for use throughout the organisation, from operational roles to senior management. The tests can be delivered through integrating with third party workflow vendors, outsourced via SHL Bureau or delivered through your own SHL online assessment platform.
6. Scientific rigour – SHL Verify tests have been purpose built for the Internet and have been designed to the most rigorous standards. They are among the most powerful psychometric tests ever created – as rigorous as traditional offline tests and supported by real world validation evidence.
The Verify Range
Verify Numerical Reasoning is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to make correct decisions or inferences from numerical or statistical data. The test is intended to measure the ability to work with numerical data in a realistic workplace context.
Verify Verbal Reasoning is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to evaluate the logic of various kinds of argument as presented in written form. The test measures the ability to determine the support for conclusions drawn using content that typifies a variety of work settings.
Verify Inductive Reasoning is designed to test a candidate’s ability to draw inferences and understand the relationships between various concepts independent of acquired knowledge.
The Verify Checking test is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to compare information quickly and accurately which is critical to ensuring the quality of work.
The Verify Calculation test is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply numbers quickly and accurately, which is critical to many workplace tasks involving calculations and estimation, as well as auditing and checking the numerical work of others.
SHL Verify tests are suitable for a range of jobs, from graduate and managerial level to administrator roles. The table below shows which job levels are covered by the different Verify test types